Oncology social workers provide counseling and other services which can reduce stress for you and your family through all phases of your cancer journey.
Find a support group near you.
In this video, Marianne Pearson explains what psychosocial oncology is and who should consider it. Marianne reviews different options for patients, including: counseling for individuals, couples and families; support groups; and transitional programs to help find a new normal after treatment ends. Marianne and the entire cancer care team are focused on treating the whole person, not just the disease, integrating advanced therapies with emotional support.
We can help you:
- Cope with your diagnosis of cancer and the many emotions you may be experiencing
- Access information to help you understand your diagnosis and treatments
- Consider decisions about treatment options as you think about your work, family and other things in your life
- Understand community resources that are available to you
- Access programs that offer financial assistance
We can teach you about:
- Coping with your emotions-sadness, anger,
worry and fears
- Talking with your children, family, friends or
- Reducing stress and using relaxation skills
- How cancer affects sex, intimacy, fertility, and feeling good about your body
- Talking with your treatment team members
- Living with cancer, issues commonly experienced and resources to help you long term
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Planning for your care with the use of advance directives
- Life as a cancer survivor
- Counseling for you and your family members
- Support groups and educational programs
- Referrals to community counseling
How can you find an Oncology Social Worker?
- Ask your doctor, nurse or other
- Call Oncology Support Services at
- Services in Fort Collins, Greeley and Loveland
- Provided at no cost
Oncology social workers (from lf to rt)
Anne Marie Cronin, Marianne Pearson, Ann-Marie Bowman
Support groups and educational programs
(topics & locations are subject to change)
There is no cost to attend groups, which includes a complimentary light meal. You do not need a doctor's referral.
To assist in planning for our group please RSVP to 970.297.6165.
Breast Cancer Support Group
Fort Collins, 2nd Monday of each month
Cancer Caregiver Support Group
Fort Collins, 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
General Cancer Support Group
Greeley, 1st Tuesday of each month
Young Women’s Breast Cancer Support Group
Fort Collins, 4th Monday of the month