High-Risk Maternal and Newborn Services
We provide a full-spectrum of perinatal services for mothers at high risk for complications during pregnancy. We also have Maternal Fetal Specialists on-call round the clock.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) specializes in managing critically ill newborns after high-risk deliveries. Our team of Neonatologists, Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and Pediatricians works together to provide world-class health care.
Our NICU has the capability to care for most critically ill infants. PVH is the only hospital between the Denver area and Billings, Montana to hold a high-level designation of this nature. We are fortunate to have one of the state's top nurseries right here in northern Colorado so we can keep families together, close to home.
We offer many services for patients who have a high risk for complications during pregnancy and after birth.
- High-risk pregnancy consultation and management
- Diabetes and pregnancy management
- First-trimester screening and Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) - A prenatal test that detects abnormalities such as Down syndrome and other genetic disorders
- Perinatal infection management
- Ultrasound evaluation and diagnosis
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Newborn critical care in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
We also offer the following support services:
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Nutrition counseling
- Sleeping accommodation assistance
- Social worker and case manager support