What are the signs and symptoms that I am having angina? Will I always have the same symptoms?
- What are the activities that can cause me to have angina?
- How should I treat my chest pain, or angina, when it happens?
- When should I call the doctor?
- When should I call 911?
How much exercise or activity can I do?
- Do I need to have a stress test first?
- Is it safe for me to exercise on my own?
- Where should I exercise, inside or outside? Which activities are better to start with? Are there activities or exercises that are not safe for me?
- How long and how hard can I exercise?
When can I return to work? Are there limits to what I can do at work?
What should I do if I feel sad or very worried about my heart disease?
How can I change the way I live to make my heart stronger?
- What is a heart-healthy diet? Is it ok to ever eat something that is not heart healthy? What are some ways to eat healthy when I go to a restaurant?
- Is it ok to drink any alcohol?
- Is it ok to be around other people who are smoking?
- Is my blood pressure normal?
- What is my cholesterol and do I need to take medicines for it?
Is it ok to be sexually active? Is it safe to use sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra), or tadalafil (Cialis)?
What medicines am I taking to treat or prevent angina?
- Do they have any side effects?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Is it ever safe to stop any of these medicines on my own?
If I am taking aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), ticagrelor (Brilinta), prasugrel (Effient), or another blood thinner, is it ok to take ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), or other pain medicines?
It is ok to take omeprazole (Prilosec) or other medicines for heartburn?